Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008/09 survey

What did you do in 2008 that you’ve never done before? Umm, went to Pennsylvania and Maryland Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make resolutions Did anyone close to you give birth? My friends Emilee & Mark had baby Claire Did anyone close to you die? Yep, my great-aunt Eth, she was 98 What countries did you visit? Pennsyltucky, thought it was more of a drive thru, not a visit, and Mexico. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Better health, and I think I’m already on that path since I evicted my uterus in December What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Too many to name, though December 16th is pretty significant, what with the uterine eviction and all What’s your biggest achievement of the year? My first public bellydance performance in August at Ya Halla Ya’ll with my class What was your biggest failure? Not being able to keep up my fitness goals because my health was such a mess Did you suffer illness or injury? Yep, kidney stones, PMS from HELL, multiple sinus infections, and allergies from hell What’s the best thing you bought? Prolly my pretty new red Ipod Whose behavior merited celebration? I have no idea Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Several people/entities, but nobody particularly close to me Where did most of your money go? Bills and FAIRE What did you get really, really excited about? Being asked by friends to represent them as a seller at faire, which resulted in some better friendships, and some new ones. What song will always remind you of 2008? Since I always listen to my Ipod, I have no idea. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? MUCH Happier. Richer or poorer? Emotionally/spiritually richer, monetarily about the same. Thinner or fatter? My weight has stayed fairly steady, but I’ve had to buy smaller clothes. What do you wish you’d done more of? Take more down time. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being bitchy, negative and whiney How did you spend Christmas? At home, in the quiet, but the next day I was at my sister’s with family Did you fall in love in 2008? Yeah, I kinda did. What was your favorite TV program? Extreme Makeover Home Edition Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope, I learned a few years ago that hate is wasted energy. Instead, I try to forgive and move on, and just be careful who I’m close to What did you want and get? Traveling to new places What did you want and not get? Hmm, I think I did pretty well getting what I want, or at least getting on the path toward it What was your favorite film of this year? I can’t even remember what movies I saw, how sad is that?? What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was at faire in MD with some wonderful friends, although by the time I was headed up there, I had a hard time leaving those I would have spent time with here. I was 40, but now I’m 41 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying I have no idea How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2008? Basic Wench What kept you sane? My friends, when they weren’t making me insane What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Didn’t really fancy anybody famous What political issue stirred you the most? Presidential campaigning in general, I HATE election year. Who did you miss? Mom. Who was the best new person you met? I met lots of awesome new people, top o the list is prolly Tom, MFS &FB Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008 Patience really can pay off.

No comments: