Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Once Again

When I think things are just bopping along fine, someone or something comes along and yanks the rug out from under me. Yesterday, I was fired from my job, with no warning whatsoever. I didn't know that there was a problem with my performance until they told me that they were firing me. It totally pisses me off because I liked that job, and generally I like the people I was working with, but apparently I had a false sense of security. So now I have to get my resume back together. The last time I had to send out resumes my desktop was still working. It has since gotten the blue screen of death, and I'm on my 3rd laptop (first was a gift of an ancient, barely working unit; 2nd was killed by water spillage a few weeks ago). On the upside, I am going to spend this week getting pictures edited from Scarby this season, sorting out my itunes, and finding all the stuff I transferred from the previous laptop and still haven't had time to find and reorganize on this one. Also on the upside, I don't have to take vacation time to leave early friday for faire, and go back down to the site on Tuesday to pick up my cooler, etc. I also have a friend flying in early Thursday afternoon, so now I don't have to leave work early that day, either.

No comments: