Friday, March 27, 2009

I LOVE TEXAS

But the weather drives me batty sometimes! In the last 48 hours it's been in the upper 70's or lower 80's, and currently it's 43 degrees in my backyard, and the temperature is still dropping. Sigh. It's a good thing #2 is just back from Alaska so the cold won't bother him too much while he's mowing, etc. And my evening plans, ladies sewing while the fellas are rat pucking up the street at the park I think are about to be adjusted, as I'm pretty sure the fellas aren't interested in frozen pucking. Not a huge deal, we all have projects we can work on inside and still have visiting time. Or we can just visit... I think I'm taking my cold little self to bed, with an extra quilt since I already took the blanket off and put it away. And we are within the '10-day forecast' range of Scarborough's opening day. Sure it's only marginally accurate this far out, but the current call is 55-75 with showers all weekend. NOOOOOOO! Colder than that with snow, sure that's fine, we managed just fine in our own little snowglobe on opening day 2007. In the predicted temperature range with sunshine, FABULOUS, we couldn't ask for much more perfect Faire weather. But RAIN? EWWW! It won't keep most of us diehards away, but it will certainly rain on our parade, literally. OK, I think I've rambled plenty for tonite... off to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow.

No comments: