1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Spent more than one night in a row in New York state
Filed a police report against someone I once called friend
Suffered the consequences of someone else's lies
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't generally make resolutions, because, well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, which are never realized, either through forces beyond one's control, or sheer lack of follow through. For the coming year, I am working on being less negative by changing how I look at things, as well as how I react to them. It's hard, sometimes the happy pills help, sometimes not, and it remains to be seen whether or not I can get the prescription refilled when the ones I've tried to carefully ration do run out, since I've had no insurance for 7 months now, and the last time I checked, the cash price was nearly $125. I am also working on, well, WORKING. Unemployment sucks, and Ebaying, while not terribly hard to do, is tedious and provides only sporadic results when you don't have the $ to invest in merchandise and have to work on selling off what you do have.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth??
Not anybody super close, but we had a couple of babies born at church, and the McNewts had baby Anwyn, who I WILL eventually manage to meet!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A very sweet and kind friend from church, and one of my cousins of my mother's generation.
5. What countries did you visit?
Hmm, well, seeing as I live in Texas, I visited the country of the USA… trips included New York state, via Atlanta on the way up and Chicago on the way back, but that's about it.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 24th when I learned that the friend I tried to help by letting her stay with me "until she got back on her feet" was trying to steal my belongings.
May 18th when I was unceremoniously fired, without notice that there was a problem
July 17th when I learned that someone else's LIES cost me any chance at collecting unemployment, and that I would be required to pay back that which I had already collected.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally getting rid of 3 trash cans & then some of random shit that I'd been dragging around of my mother's & grandmother's since Mom died in 2002, mostly STILL BOXED from when I first moved it out of her house in 2004!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Having to give up my home and reduce my belongings down to what will fit in a bedroom and a 5x10 storage unit. Technically, it's not my failure, other than perhaps my failure to properly place my trust.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Extended recovery and getting back to normal after surgery in December of 08, depression, and some allergies.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop, which was actually a replacement for the one I thought I fried when water spilled on it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Several of my friends who rallied around when I hit bottom in October:
E&T offered me shelter in their home, moved me, sorted through sit, and prepped for the sale
Captain & Isa helped me sort through shit, move what was moving, sort through more shit, prep for the sale, and helped with the sale
Doc, Cat, Natalie & Sheila helped with the prep and/or the sale
Robin sent me her positive energies from afar
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A couple of people I thought were my friends, but obviously they weren't since one was stealing from me, and the other found it acceptable to lie to the state about me
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, and faire
15. What did you get really excited about?
Going to a new faire, and my beautiful locket that was a gift from very dear friends
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Sadder, like I said, it was a ROUGH year
– thinner or fatter? Actually, a little thinner
– richer or poorer? Definitely poorer, have I mentioned the no job thing yet?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Working, how sad is that?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of??
20. How did you spend Christmas??
Actual Christmas day I was with my bestest buddy, at her sister's house in Fort Worth, but I saw my brother's wife & kids a couple of weeks early, my sister & her family the Sunday before, and had small celebrations in early December at Dickens with other dear friends
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope, fell out of it though.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Only one? Let's see Comedically: Big Bang Theory, Dramatically: NCIS
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a pretty strong word, but there are people that if I never see them again, I'm great with it, because, well, Karma is a BITCH and will get them, eventually.
24. What was the best book you read?
Hmm, I'm not sure I finished any books, and can't quite remember the names of the ones I started.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't have one.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A job to replace the one I lost
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, I'm gonna go with Harry Potter & the HBP
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't really do anything ON my birthday, but the day before a friend's parents had a birthday party for the 3 of us who's birthdays are within that week. I turned 42
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to overcome the unemployment thing, AND stay within my field.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Hmm, casual without being sloppy if I was going out anywhere in public… now, if I was just staying home, comfy and baggy is the name of the game
32. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have no idea
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare, of course.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm, what new people did I meet in 09? I'm sure it was someone I met at Scarby, but I've no idea who to pick…
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Sadly, just because you are someone's friend does NOT mean they are your friend.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I have no clue!