Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crossing things off the list

Today I realized that I haven't posted in awhile, and in that time, I have managed to cross one of the books off my "read before buying anymore books" list. I finished the Dairy Queen, by Allison Rushby. It's a fun little story, and I suspect that part of the reason I was drawn right into it, is because it starts with the main character feeling like her world has fallen apart, which, in a lot of ways, is how I've felt over the past 8 months or so. I have also begun reading the Elegant Gathering of the White Snows, and am enjoying it as well.

This week's major accomplishment is my corset.  One of my friends, who makes absolutely AMAZING court dresses and other garb, has been teaching a few of us how to make our own amazing stuff, starting with a corset. I HAVE decided that I'd just as soon rather buy precut boning the next time around, instead of cutting my own, and having to file the ends, and wrap them, etc. I am also having issues with my layers being a bit too thick, I suspect because of what I used for padding to smooth the outer layer so the boning doesn't show through. Class again on Sunday, so hopefully she has some ideas how to address that, and by the end of Sunday, or Monday at the latest, I will have an awesome foundation garment, that will give me at least several options.

I also have an awesome skirt rolling around in my head, that I think COULD work with a couple of different things that are ALSO rolling around in my head.

Keep in Mind:
Hate is like acid. It can damage the vessel in which it is stored, as well as destroy the object on which it is poured - Ann Landers

No comments: