I have always loved to read. There was a time, when I was in first or second grade, and we lived overseas, that I failed to get off the bus at the base officer's club for dance class after school because I was so engrossed in my book that I paid no attention to where I was until we had already passed the stop and I had no choice except to ride the rest of the way home. Fortunately, Mom had not yet gotten into the car to come pick me up from my lesson.
When I was in college, my reading was largely limited to the required texts for my History major and English minor, which was PLENTY of reading, for sure! When I graduated, I'd had my fill of heavy reading, and for several years, the only things I read were Harlequin romances. They are easy to read, they always have a happy ending, and pretty much they are very predictable. If I got interrupted in the middle of a book, I didn't have to figure out what was going on, when I picked it back up again.
Over the last few years, I started picking up some other things, Harry Potter, some historical things, books about places I'd visited and found fascinating. Somehow, in the last couple of years, I got really bad about buying books and not reading them. Rarely do I go into a bookstore and come out with only one book. I try to find them on sale, and I can get lost for hours in a Half Price Books, wandering through the stacks!
My goal for this year, that I'm positive I can accomplish is to read or finish reading all of the books I've already got on my bookshelves that are unfinished, or unstarted.
Here is my list:
- Kabul Beauty School - Rodriguez, Deborah
- Decoding the Celts - Hamilton, Claire & Eddy, Steve
- The Dairy Queen - Rushby, Allison
- **A Belizian Rainforest - Horwich, Robert H & Lyon, Jonathan
- The Elegant Gathering of White Snows - Radish, Kris
- Looking for Alaska - Jenkins, Peter
- Gift of Power - Lame Deer & Erodes
- **102 Minutes - Dwyer, Jim & Flynn, Keith
- Shaman, Healer, Sage - Villoldo, Alberto
- Ireland's Pirate Queen - Chambers, Anne
- Magical Thinking - Burroughs, Augustin
- Watching the Tree - Yen Mah, Adeline
- She's come Undon - Lamb, Wally
- it's a Chick Thing - Beanland, Ame Mahler & Terry, Emily Miles
- The Book of Celtic Verse - Matthews, John
- **Border Healing Woman - Babb & Little Dog
- Galveston Rose - Powell, Mary
- The Mermaid Chair - Kidd, Sue Monk
- The Gathering - Enright, Anne
- Celtic Myths & Legends
- Driving with Dead People - Holloway,Monica
- Annie Freeman's Fabulous Travelling Funeral - Radish, Kris
- How the Scots Invented the Modern World - Herman, Arthur
- The Other Boleyn Girl - Gregory, Phillippa
- How the Irish Saved Civilization - Cahill, Thomas
- The Way of the Pirate - Downie
- She Captains - Druett, Joan
- Harry Potter & Philosophy - Baggett
What is on your reading list?
Keep In Mind: "No one is in control of your happiness but you, therefore you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change" Barbara De Angelis