Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beginnings

Today was the first day of my new job. 15 weeks I was unemployed, and while that's not the longest I've ever been unemployed, it was certainly the most difficult. My new position is less than half the distance that the old was was from my house. Tomorrow I may make the drive home at lunch, just to try it out, since I think I could make it in about 15 minutes, which would give me time for a sandwich and checking emails before I had to head back out, and I would STILL not put as many miles on the car as I did just going to and from the old job! It's pretty well insisted upon that we leave for lunch, cuz there's not a breakroom, and they consider that we need to get away from the work and the phones for a bit during the day. I am pretty well pooped, and am going to hit the bed EARLY tonite, and will hopefully put together a better post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay to the new job. That's got to be a great feeling. Although making you leave for lunch? I like the philosophy. At my place we work through lunch far too often. And they wonder why the morale is so low...