Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moving on

It’s been a rough several months. I’ve had good days and bad days, but more and more the bad days are beginning to overwhelm the good ones. I have had to make some decisions that, frankly, it pisses the hell out of me that I even have to consider! I realize that I am not the only one in the world looking for a job, and I realize that the lack of response to my resume and application submissions is not a personal attack, It does, however annoy the crap out of me that I did the “smart” thing and got my Bachelor’s degree. Not that it has done me a damned bit of good, thankyouverymuch. In the current economic climate, in the industry I have chosen, it is almost a liability, in that it’s not related to my field, and it really doesn’t add to my abilities or skills in my work. For months I have been trying to stay afloat and keep my head above water, but it’s become more than I can do in my current situation. As much as I love my house, I just can’t afford it. Fortunately, I have awesome friends who have offered me a place in their home. It means I have to SERIOUSLY downsize and liquidate a LOT of what I own. It means I will have to adjust to living with other people again. My cats will have to adjust to just one room in which to roam, rather than a whole house. On the one hand, it’s a great chance to start fresh, in sort of a new place, but not so far from family and friends that I feel lost. On the other hand, I’m scared spitless, largely because the last 2 people I lived with who were non-relatives were friends at some point, but by the time the living together ended, the friendship was either over, or stretched VERY thin. I have to trust that this is the right thing to do, and that it will turn out to be a blessing, and the beginning of a new chapter in my life. My goal is to have what I want in my room, and the cats moved by the first of November, and by the middle of November have sorted through everything else to sequester what is going to be moved to storage so I can have a moving/estate sale, instead of just a garage sale, because I think it will get me more $ to pay for the storage.

No comments: