Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Better, I think

So nearly a week has passed since I last posted. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but the bottom line is that I never intended this to be a whiney, negative space, and therefore, I try not to post too much when I am feeling that way. 2009 has been a tough year for me, and I'm truly hoping that things will look up this last quarter of the year. On Monday I had a HUGE meltdown, as a result of a combination of things that have been ongoing, and things that happened over the weekend, and then receipt of a letter that stated "We thank you for your interest in XYZ Company, however at this time we don't have anything available for someone with your background and experience." Yeah, thanks bunches folks, not only did I meet EVERY SINGLE ONE of your requirements listed in the advertisement, I went above and beyond, AND took the initiative to print out and complete the application forms posted on the website prior to the interview. My sleep is out of whack, for multiple reasons, and I hurt all over, including my skin! It was HORRIBLE. Today my horoscope that comes to my phone every morning said: The establishment of a new business partnership could require a lot of paperwork today, dear Libra. It might be really tedious trying to make sense of all the jargon involved, but it's important to you, so you're more likely to be more persistent than usual. Someone more familiar with these matters may explain the ins and outs to you. This is likely to be a very fortunate development for you, so don't lose heart. Hang in there.
Yesterday I had a call from a recruiter about a position that sounds very promising. She asked me to reformat my resume so she could present it to the client company. Today she asked me to meet her at a coffee shop not far from the client's office, as well as being MUCH closer to me than her office in North Dallas. I believe the interview went well for me, and hopefully I made a better impression on her than the woman who arrived when we were nearly finished (who sat down near us, and made NO effort to pretend she wasn't listening to the conversation), as she arrived wearing toe ring sandals with no hose. Now, I will admit that I don't always wear hose when I go to a job interview, however I always have on slacks and closed toed shoes, so you can't tell whether I have them on or not! I should hear something from the recruiter tomorrow, hopefully in the morning so I can interview with the firm in the afternoon.
I am making an effort to be more positive, and once I finish getting the house back in some semblance of order, I'll smudge and cleanse out the negative energy. Tomorrow I have to finish getting the guest room ready for Vicki & Andrea who are coming in for a bellydance workshop over the weekend.
I've got several things rolling around in my head as possible posts, and am committed to making an effort post on a regular basis.

No comments: