Thursday, July 2, 2009

BEAT IT

All of you people who just can't go past the death of Michael Jackson need to MOVE ON! I mean, seriously people, sure he was an icon. 20 FREAKING YEARS AGO! In the recent past, he has become a pathetic, androgenous freak of modern medicine. Sure, he had an abusive childhood, so did the rest of his siblings, but holy cow people, the rest of them have GROWN UP and become responsible adults, and tried to provide a loving, NORMAL life for their children. Or at least they've managed to keep their oddities quiet and out of the news. I am so tired of seeing stories about "the latest" information regarding his death, his will, his children's future, and now "FINAL VIDEO recorded as he rehearsed for his upcoming tour". WHO GIVES A RATS ASS? I sure don't, and pretty much neither does anyone else I know. The "King of Pop" died YEARS ago, before the "vitiligo" or skin bleaching or whatever caused his skin to fade from the brown that God made to the ultimately sallow grey that it became, before he had a cleft in his chin and did whatever else he had done that ultimately made him look like a non-asian geisha with a jeri-curl hairdo. Personally, I'm much more touched by the death of Mollie Sugden and Farrah Fawcett. The news of Mollie Sugden's death kinda made me miss my mother. Bless her heart, I'm not sure that her uptight, and well, prudish, self found Mrs. Slocombe's references to her cat funny for the same reasons that most of the rest of us did, but together we spent a lot of time laughing at her. Incidentally, I had just a couple of days earlier, updated my Amazon wish list to include all of the Are You Being Served series! Meanwhile, it's been a busy week around here, and frankly, I didn't get accomplished all that I had intended to finish before my weekend in NY, but that's how it goes sometimes. Hopefully, by the time I get home, there will be news about the interview I had last week, and I'll be gainfully employed again! I've also decided that I am going to take some classes this fall. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to pay for it, but I will figure it out. There are several courses available that I think will be very beneficial in furthering my career in my chosen field. I know that there is a program through DCCCD, which would cost me a little more than going to TCC, but a couple of the classes aren't available through TCC. Off to bed

No comments: