Monday, August 25, 2008


I'm getting very near the point where I will be totally sleep deprived! Week before last got all thrown outta whack on Monday night, when I stayed up until my new roommate arrived safely from Colorado, at 1 fucking 30 in the morning. Fortunately, I had made arrangements at work so I was able to sleep in and didn't HAVE to be at work until around 1, so I slept until about 8, had a shower, hit a restaurant for lunch and a little flirt, and took my tired ass to work, and then went home and picked up my roomie, and drove over to her workplace so she could see the route before she had to drive it the next day. By the time we had dinner and got back home it was almost 9. Wednesday's my day of torture at the gym, at 5 a.m. (yes, this is MY choice), so once I finished doing whatever I had to do before bed Tuesday night, and crawled in, and settled down to sleep (with 3 cats), it was about 11:30. Yay, I got 5 hours before the alarm went off at 4:15. Came home to pick up a couple of things, picked up the roomie at a meeting point, and off we went for the southwest side, for dinner with our crew. By the time we got back to her car and home, it was 8:30, and I needed clean underwear.... Finally crawled in bed about 11... don'tcha just LOVE 19 hour days??? Thursday was pretty much a blur and I had to take my car in for new brakes and leave it there. Friday I was supposed to go to Grapevine for the show, but by the time I hit Walmart for a handful of things, got home, picked up the roomie and had to go BACK to Walmart, I was pooped. Saturday, after about 4 hours of sleep, I did my first bellydance workshop. 3 hours of tribal with Rachel Brice. She, by the way is awesome! Some of the ways she can move her body are almost disgusting, but she puts on a helluva workshop. I was registered for hers and another on Saturday, plus 2 on Sunday. By the time we were down to about the last 1/2 hour of Rachel's, I was DONE. My arms & shoulders were burning, and my twice broken in the same place foot was screaming 'STOP NOW BITCH'. I went home for a nap, then back up for the show that night. Sunday was the show I was dancing in, and I knew that if I tried to do either workshop, I would not be able to dance in the show, so I just took a leisurely morning and early afternoon, then went up in time to get checked in for the show. Monday night Darla, Nathan & Nick arrived for a few days. More about that in my previous post... Friday we giggled more, as they came back around 11:30 that night, with Nathan STILL sick. I missed Beginning day because I was having a bout of whatever Nathan had. Roomie & I managed to get to the grocery store, Walmart, the hardware store, and church over the weekend, but damn were we wiped out... we both slept for like 2 hours yesterday afternoon. I went to bed about 10, hardly able to keep my eyes open, and with a RAGING migraine, so I took a hydrocodone, and flopped into bed, thinking I would be out in no time (as is fairly normal when I take the hydrocodone). notsomuch this time... I think it was 11:30 before I fell asleep, and THEN I woke up at 12:45, 1 something, 2 something, 3:30, 4:15, and finally at 4:55. So yeah, I'm going on like 5 hours of sleep... not good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: