Ok, in all likelihood, there will be a relatively recurrent cast in my blog, and just for the record I thought I'd provide a little information about who's who:
- Darla, my soulmate and best friend. We've been through a lot together, and there is nothing that either of us doesn't know about the other. Drives the men in our lives crazy sometimes, but such is life. We met 20 years ago in beauty school. We are identical twins born 10 days apart to different mothers, but that's ok.
- Helen, my roommate, and one of my oldest friends. We met in Mrs. Ward's senior English class, a year or so ago *g*. She's just moved back to TX, and is rooming with me until she can get back on her feet.
- Nathan, Darla's older son. Also known as The Boy. He is deaf, and 5 years ago received a cochlear implant, which is, in our opinion, the most amazing thing that could have happened to him. He knows that his impairment does NOT have to stand in his way of doing whatever he chooses with his life. The past 2 summers he's worked as a lifeguard at the pool down the street from their house.
- Nicholas, Darla's baby. Also known as Noodlebutt and The Baby. He's almost 2, into everything, and recently reprogrammed the answering machine all by himself. Yeah, we learned about that when Autie Rae called 42 times and kept thinking someone had given the baby the phone to answer. We believe him to be my mom's cat come back to us, as Nick has many of the same habits as the cat did.
- Erin, fellow wench, born 1 day shy of 10 years before me, she is our identical triplet, except she was born before us. She's got awesome kitties, and bred designer cats for awhile until she started working for the Humane Society.
- Countess Mary, fellow wench, Madame for Local 13 of the IWG. Also known as Countess or Doc. She's a college level English teacher.
- Laura, fellow rennie, my assistant and friend. She & Mike live about 5 minutes from me.
- Mel, co-worker, our brains are frighteningly in tune with each other.
- Craig, another co-worker, love him, think he's kind of a pain in the ass sometimes
- Lea Ann, my big sister. She's 9 years older than I am, has 2 grown boys, Jimmy, who just got married in Cancun, back in June, and Joe, who is hoping to return to Alaska, apparently. Her husband Jim thinks I'm a total wack-job, and I'm ok with this.
- Jon, my big brother. He's about 5 years older, and has 1 grown son, Johnny, an almost grown son Stevie, and a daughter Jamie. There was a time that his wife Sindy & I were VERY close, but we've drifted apart.
- Mom, should be self explanatory. She's been gone for 6 years come September. I still miss her, but she shows up from time to time. Apparently she thinks Joe needs to pull his head out of his butt, because when he's been doing things he might better avoid, she seems to go along behind the car he's riding in, popping streetlamps out as he passes them
- Edie, my late grandmother. She's been gone since '92, but pops up in stories periodically.
- Tony, probably my oldest friend... I've known him since we were about 12. He was the first male with whom my mouth had absolutely no filter... I have no qualms about saying ANYTHING to him. He's married to His Darla, (not to be confused with My Darla, pictured above), and they have 2 precious little boys. He should also not be confused with Erin's Tony, who may or may not be included in the cast.
Rhonda, my oldest, and bitchiest cat. I've had her since about '91. She's all white, with one gold and one blue eye. Feral to the bone, despite having a cozy house to live in since she was about 3 months old. Also known as Princess and Gorgeous. Firmly believes we should all worship her
- Bow, my second and brattiest cat. I've had her for 11 years now. Pastel calico, grey, beige & white. the fat cat of the family. Also known as Huzzbucket, Babycakes and The Brat. Firmly believes that anyone who comes through the door is there to hold her and/or scratch her.
- Leo, my baby, is almost 10 years old. He's a beige/yellow tabby. The big sissy of the family. Also known as Handsome and Honeyboy. Firmly believes that anyone who comes to the house is out to get him.
- Sable, my best boy's dog. She is a pit bull mixed mutt. Dumber than a rock. sweeter than you can possibly imagine. I've learned that it's just better for me to go in Nathan's room when I arrive at the house, let her out of her crate, and roll around on the floor with her for a minute, so that we can get on with life.
- Mr. Moro (currently known as Nicholas), Muffin, Mr. Tears, Boots-all are late cats