Monday, November 14, 2011

Italian Crusted Chicken Tenders


I'm working on eating more balanced, healthier meals, and tonite I fixed my favorite breading for chicken to go along with some Quinoa and steamed green beans.
(Serves about 4)
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 5/8 clove garlic, minced
  • 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 8-10 skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
  3. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Quinoa is a whole grain that's cooked in the same manner as rice, 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, and cook it covered until the water is absorbed. I do about 1/2C of grain and 1 C water, which easily gives me two meals out of it, and I don't get tired of it before it's all eaten so it goes bad and gets wasted. I season my water with a bit of garlic powder, and then when the cooking's done, I stir in about a tablespoon of butter, herbs of Italy, and then top with fresh rosemary. 

My green beans have about 1/2 tsp of butter, fresh ground black pepper, and some herbs of Italy.

My portions were about 4 oz chicken, about a cup of quinoa, and a cup of green beans.


 

No comments: