Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BLESSINGS


I've had this post sort of rolling around in my head for several days, yet never quite found the time to sit down and actually work on it. Not that I didn't HAVE the time, I just didn't choose to do it. A week or so before I went back to work, we decided, in the interest of eliminating some of the chaos and allowing everyone to focus a little better, even for short periods of time, that we would no longer eat dinner in the living room, watching television. We've moved our dinners into the dining room, most nights, and it's kind of nice. We all leave our phones turned to silent, and spend that half hour or so with just those of us in the house. It does, however, cut into my computer time in the evenings, as by the time I get home, it's nearly 6, and we try to eat between 6:30 & 7. Then there's that little thing called a J.O.B. which keeps me away from the computer for most of the day, which, actually, is a HUGE blessing.
I know that I have a tendency to allow myself to get bogged down in the negative, and lose sight of the blessings which are present in my world every day.
  • I have family members who love me, quirks and all, though we may not always see eye to eye
  • I have friends and chosen family who love me, sometimes especially my quirks
  • I have a safe roof over my head, and food to eat
  • I have a church home that has been a blessing in my life for most of my life
  • My commute involves very little traffic, and the traffic report virtually never affects my commute
  • My co-workers are good people, and I have the opportunity to really be a part of shaping the office
I am endeavoring to keep my blessings in mind, rather than letting Negative Nelly rear her ugly head again. Next month I get my medical/dental/vision insurance, and will really be able to get back to taking my wellbutrin every day, instead of just on work days.

No comments: