Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unfriended & Other Stuff

Well, it appears that the Roomie From Hell decided to unfriend me on MySpace. Now, I don't particularly care, as I can still get to and see her profile, but I do find it amusing. She thinks, I know, that she is the victim in the whole debacle, and I'm sure feels perfectly justified in unfriending me. As I said, don't really give a damn. The main reason that I didn't unfriend her first is that I wanted to see how long it would take before she changed her profile and started trash talking me. So far she hasn't, and that's good. I do find it amusing that it happened almost EXACTLY a month after I kicked her out of the house. Crawfish season has arrived, which means our weekly dinners are at the same cajun restaurant every week from now until June. Yeah, I'm not so happy about this, partly because waterliving creatures and I have this mutual dislike for each other, but also because in the past year, my body has also decided that I can no longer have Andouille sausage. That was the one thing I liked there. So, now my choices are a burger, blackened stuff, which is unacceptable because I don't like eating charcoal, fried chicken strips, chicken fried chicken/steak or a salad. I've taken to having a kid burger and a small side salad. This week, we elected to sit on the patio, and there were a dozen of us. For some reason, they put the new guy out on the patio, with the big party. Yeah, great. I ordered my burger, substituting mashed potatoes for the fries, and adding a salad. Two other people ordered salads, and two more ordered appetizers in addition to their crawfish. The crawfish orders were 5 orders of 2lbs each, 1 of 1 lb, and 1 of 3 lbs. What arrived at our table was 1 order of 4 lbs (which, in the grand scheme of things wasn't a huge deal, as 2 of the 2 lb orders were on the same ticket), the 3 lb, and 4 single lbs. No salads, no appetizers, no burgers. My burger came out in a minute, but I had to ask again for my salad, because only 1 salad was delivered. The second lb orders arrived after the 2 salads, but still before 1 appetizer. Notice I've not said anything about receiving my potatoes. Because I never did get them, and one of the appetizers never appeared either. In the end, my burger got comp'd, though I have no idea whether it was because the waiter was so bad, or if it was because he somehow screwed up printing my ticket and lost the burger in the abyss someplace. Don't really care either, cuz it saved me some $. In other news, I started back to the gym this week. Monday I went to the gym close to the house, and did 1/2 hour of cardio, but didn't try to do anything more because it was 5 before I got there and the crowd was just annoying. I decided to stop at another location that's on my way home, and I can make it to before 4:30. By the time that I was leaving after 30 minutes of cardio plus an upper body workout on the express machines and some crunches, it was almost 5:30 and there weren't half as many people as at the other location. I'll be back over there tomorrow afternoon. Saturday, I am shooting for a yoga class, and next week I'll start water aerobics and back to bellydance. GO ME! I am not as sore as I expected to be, largely, I believe, due to the salve I bought from Estelril Enterprises. I bought the Chest & Muscle salve at TRF back in October, when I had the beginnings of an upper respiratory infection. I started putting it on my chest immediately, and haven't had a cold that goes into my chest since then. Generally, I have at least 3 chest colds/respiratory infections between October and the end of February. I put the salve on all my sore muscles that I could reach, and they pretty much are fine today. My back's a little achy, but as I'm not double jointed, it didn't get salve on it. Monday night, I slept like a dream, with no artificial assistance, for the first time in I can't remember when. Last night, however, I was so tired I was cross-eyed, yet couldn't get my brain to settle down and go to sleep. I played my electronic solitaire game to no avail. I simply closed my eyes and tried to think happy thoughts, yeah, nothing. Finally, I got out a mandala that I started coloring Monday night before I went to sleep. I guess maybe I find that relaxing somehow, because pretty soon I was cross eyed enough that I couldn't keep them open any longer, put away the pencils & paper, turned out the light and rolled over to sleep. For about 3 hours I did fine, but after that I was just dozing for a couple of more hours until the alarm went off. UGH, hopefully tonite I'll sleep a little better, however, I will be taking an Advil pm in about 5 minutes.

No comments: