Monday, April 13, 2009

Ups & Downs

Another weekend of faire has come and gone. Saturday I was out with one of my adoptakids, who is 9. He's a sweetheart, and we had a pretty good time. I'm thinkin' I'll take him again next month when another friend will have someone in with a 2nd grader. The Rogues added a show to the schedule on a stage on the other side of the festival this weekend. It's not an official show, but they discovered an empty stage, and seized the opportunity to entertain people who may not always make it to Pecan Grove, for whatever reason. I think it went over fairly well. Sunday dawned cold and wet from overnight rains and a bit of ongoing drizzle, which kept a lot of people away, though about half of my usual bunch made it out. I had high expectations of Sunday, which, I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I should have known would not pan out, because, well, they never do. I won't say it was my least happy day at faire, but it's pretty close to that. I couldn't even get motivated to go to the afternoon Rogues shows, and even listening to them from the other side of the stage didn't help. Yeah, I was in a BAAAD way. I'm tired, and have been, frankly overwrought about this, so I know that this is not the time to make any sort of decisions, but I am hugely afraid that I have spent 8 months working toward a goal that is not going to ever be. On one hand, most of the time I've generally been happier and more content than I have ever been in my life. On the other hand, I'm finding that the price I'm paying is just too much to pay for little or nothing in return. The good days far outnumber the bad ones, but the bad ones are just a wee bit away from being absolutely unbearable. *sigh* I don't know how much longer I can deal with them. Photos of 1st and 2nd week later this week, I hope...

No comments: